Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

2003 Jaguar X type: automatic..on most of our vehicles

Customer Question
We have a 2003 Jaguar...
We have a 2003 Jaguar X type, automatic. We have squirrels that have chewed the transmission wires on most of our vehicles. It seems that they got to some wire on the jaguar that we can't see. The error message from the transmission computer says that bad transmission solinoid. It has defaulted to reverse and 4th gear only. The same thing happened to our truck, and it was a wire. A mechanic fixed one wire that was chewed, but he had to bridge the plug in, as it was chewed close to the connection.
Are we missing something? The transmission was working perfectly when it was parked and before it was chewed.
Is there a computer reset? any thoughts?
Submitted: 10 years ago.Category: Jaguar
10/22/2011
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 10 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician

Hello and welcome to justanswer.com

Do you have the fault code number?

PO763 Can you tell me what color wire goes to the solinoid?

It says Transmission to TCM shift solenoid C circuit open circuit, short circuit to B+ V. short circuit to ground

Transmission internals shift solenoid C circuit: open circuit, short circuit

TCM Ground circuit: open circuit, high resistance

Shift solenoid C pressure solenoid failure

I repeat, this car was running fine the night before. The next morning it had defaulted to 4th gear.

Ok that wire is a green wire going to the larger connector on the transmission. Also look under the battery tray for any harness damage. It also could be water leaking into the TCM if you had some rain lately or just washed your vehicle.

He is going to check it out thanks

Ok let me know.