Jaguar

Jaguar Repair Problems? Ask a Jaguar Repairs Expert.

Jaguar

the location of the linear oxygen sensor control chip for a 2003 jaguar XKR, bank 2. (cod

Customer Question
the location of the linear...
the location of the linear oxygen sensor control chip for a 2003 jaguar XKR, bank 2. (code P1647)
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Jaguar
10/21/2011
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 6 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician

Richard :

Hello and welcome to justanswer.com

Richard :

That code is for bank 2 sensor one.

Richard :

This is the top or upstream sensor on the driver side exhaust.

Customer:

Richard, can I see this o2 sensor or do I have to remove something to access it for removal?

Richard :

LOOSEN AND REMOVE THE TORX BOLT SECURING THE COOLANT TANK THEN MOVE THAT OUT OF THE WAY. oN SOME THERE IS A HEAT SHEILD THAT BOLTS TO THE CAT CONVERTER WHICH ALSO MAY NEED TO BE REMOVED.

Customer:

Thank you.

Richard, Jaguar Technician
From: [email protected] Passowrd: h31g5yu JACUSTOMER-39a60q I have done everything you said. I am now having trouble finding the end of the electrical connector. I can see it for about 6 inches from the end of the o2 sensor, then lose it. Can you tell me where the connector is located? Also, do I have to remove something to get to it?
The connectors all clip to a bracket in the back of the engine compartment above the transmission. Go from the passenger side as there is more room there. The wire harness may be tie strapped so that would need to be cut off.
Richard, Jaguar Technician