Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

2003 x type: heater or blower turns on after a few minutes…

Customer Question
I have a 2003 x...
I have a 2003 x type. The battery was dead the other morning. I replaced it only to find out the heater or blower turns on after a few minutes after turning the car off. This blower stays on continuous until battery is drained. what is the problem
Submitted: 11 years ago.Category: Jaguar
9/30/2011
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 11 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician

Hello and welcome to justanswer.com

This is the interior blower fan or the electronic engine cooling fans?

interior

OK we either have a shorted blower relay which is located in the fuse box under the driver side dash or a faulty blower motor. The relay is R20 in that box. I have seen issues with the wire harness behind the dash shorting out intermittently causing this. If you could go under the driver side dash and look directly above the brake pedal. You will see a V shaped piece of metal sticking up and the dash harness running just in back of this bracket. SOmetimes the harness will chafe on this causing a short.

Relay

Richard, Jaguar Technician