Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

XJ8: that has a new throttle body..fault code..slipping..low speeds…

Customer Question
I have an XJ8 ('04)...
I have an XJ8 ('04) that has a new throttle body. Recently I've experience fault code P0782 and noticed slipping at low speeds. Car has 113K miles. I planned to have transmission flushed and new fluid added. Do you think I should have the TCM reprogrammed? How likely is that I need to have the ZF6 replaced?
Submitted: 11 years ago.Category: Jaguar
9/21/2011
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 11 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician

Hello and welcome to justanswer.com

The first step would be to have the TCM adaptations reset and the TCM reprogrammed. If the code and/or symptoms return then yes the unit will either need to be reconditioned or replaced.