Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

2001 jaguar xj8: that was running fine..security system shut...when…

Customer Question
I have a 2001 jagur...
I have a 2001 jagur xj8 vanden plas that was running fine.stoped last night and i think the security system shut down and it will not start.the battery seems fine.when you put the key in and try to start it does nothing.could it be the battery in the key fob.
Submitted: 11 years ago.Category: Jaguar
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/15/2011
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 11 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician

Hello and welcome to justanswer.com

So the engine will not crank at all? Do all the lights on the cluster come on when the key is in the ON position? Is the red security LED On the shifter illuminated or blinking? Will the shifter release from park with the key ON and foot on the brake? If so will it start in neutral?