Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

Jaguar: park while still reversing and now I cant turn the car…

Customer Question
hi! I have a strange...
hi! I have a strange problem with my jaguar Stype 2005 that happened this morning. the car got stuck on "park" while still reversing and now I can't turn the car on again. I was reversing the car when I put the car back in park. When I released the brake, the car continued to reverse even though the clutch was on park. The "R" light on the clutch was still on and I could not move the clutch out of the "park", it got stuck. So I turned the car off and now the car won't turn on again... what do I do?? It's sunday so the jaguar dealer is closed. Is there something AAA could fix or should I wait until tomorrow and get it towed to the jaguar dealer?
Thank you!
Submitted: 11 years ago.Category: Jaguar
7/31/2011
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 11 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com

The is usually a simple fix for this problem. You most likely have loose shifter cable bolts. You will need to jack up the driver side of your vehicles and locate the cable that runs along the side of the transmission. There should be two 8mm bolts holding the cable to the trans. The bolts are either loose or have fallen out completely.