Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

Park but the J shift shows it to be in neutral and I cannot move it…

Customer Question
I have a 2005 XJ8L...
I have a 2005 XJ8L. The car is stuck in "Park" but the J shift shows it to be in neutral and I cannot move it. What do you think is the problem?
Submitted: 11 years ago.Category: Jaguar
7/25/2011
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 11 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician

Hello and welcome to justanswer.com

You may have a problem with t he shifter or cable but there may be a simple solution to this problem. You most likely have loose shift cable bolts. If you look under the driver side of your vehicle you will see the shifter cable where is attach's to the transmission. There are two 8mm bolts holding the cable to the trans. They may be loose or have even fell out. You will need to jack up the driver side of your vehicle.

Richard, Jaguar Technician

Richard,

I do not have the tools and the underside of the car is covered. I am passing this infromation on to my mechanic and I would like to let you know how it goes.

How can I contact you? my email is [email protected]

Yes keep me posted on this. All you need to do is reply back to this page.