Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

2003 Jaguar: 3.0l..I Just replaced the throttle body - QUESTION

Customer Question

2003 Jaguar 3.0l engine S type. I Just replaced the throttle body - QUESTION Explain where
the 5 tubes (vacuum?) which were connected on or close to the throttle body should be
attached. Example, One end of a tube connects to the bottom of the throttle body.The
other end is attached to a vacuum tree on the passenger's side of the engine compartment,
in front of the brake booster.

I need to know the location on or close to the throttle body where the other four tubes
should be attached.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 6 years ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer.com

That line goes under the intake just in back of the throttle then splices off and goes to the purge valve and brake booster. Then there is a larger hose that goes from the top of the intake port to the breather valve in the driver side valve cover.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

The throttle valve has 5 ports for hose connections. I have 5 disconnected hoses. I need to connect the correct hose to the correct port.

Below are the positions of the five ports on the throttle valve

FRONT VIEW OF THROTTLE VALVE:

Draw a square, number the left corner of square port #1, the right corner #2, and the middle of botXXXXX XXXXXne#3. Draw a circle inside the square, circle is the throttle plate.

SIDE VIEW OF THROTTLE VALVE:

Draw a square, go to the the middle of botXXXXX XXXXXne, these are the locations of the #4 & #5 ports.........Which disconnected hose goes to which port location?

Expert:  Richard replied 6 years ago.
Ok those are coolant hoses going to the intake and throttle. Let me explain it this way. The large connection facing the rear of the vehicle has a large vacuum tube going to the breather valve in the driver side valve cover. The small port which is in the front of the intake curved down goes to the small hose coming off the upper radiator hose, the top straight port facing the front above the air intake tube goes to the throttle port directly under the mounting bolt. The other port off the throttle goes to a small hose which comes off the hose leading from the heater control valve in the passenger side lower in front of the fan assembly.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
throttle body
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

1-The small port which is in the front of the intake curved down goes to the small hose coming off the upper radiator hose, This attaches a water hose to a vacuum hose

2- the top straight port facing the front above the air intake tube goes to the throttle port directly under the mounting bolt. No hose is long enought to make this connection

3-The other port off the throttle goes to a small hose which comes off the hose leading from the heater control valve in the passenger side lower in front of the fan assembly.
"The small port in #1" & the "other port in #3" -At the bottom or top of air intake? pease identify them,

Water in the oil - this is the 3rd time I have had to changed oil and filter

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
There are 6 ports for hose connections on the Jaguar 3.0L engine Air intake throttle body. I need to know which hose goes to which port
Expert:  Richard replied 6 years ago.
On a 2003 S type there is only one vacuum connection and that is the large hose off the back. I will try to upload a picture for you or you can upload one to me so we can go over this. Also just in case supply me with the last six digits of your VIN.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

You replied

Give me your "E" mail adress to send you pictures

Expert:  Richard replied 6 years ago.
Unfortunately we can only communicate on this site. Upload a picture using the paper clip icon on the toolbar or upload to an offsite place.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
So how do I send the pictures?? Do I use the address above?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

If you would draw the diagram below and go to a vehicle, You will not need a Photo.

I am tyring to connect the correct hose to the correct port. Below are the positions of the five ports I am trying to connect.

Looking from the front of the air intake (Standing at the grill of the vehicle) Draw a square, number the port on the top left corner of square port #1, top right corner #2, and the large vacuum tube going back to the fire wall behind the engine #3. Draw a circle inside the square, circle is the throttle plate. Looking from the Left fender,( Pass side) Draw a 2nd square, find the two ports at the bottom of the air intake and number them ports #4 & #5 ports.....now which of the 5 disconnected hoses goes to which of the five port location?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

2003 Jaguar "S" type 3.0L v6 Engine

Last eight of the VIN - 3FM 636 69

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Sunday night (May 22,2011) 7:17PM - I sent the picture & the last eight numbers of the VIN . Did you get them?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

As you requested, 1. I sent a picture of the air intake, 2. sent you the

last eight numbers of the VIN and devised a numbering system which

will help us to discribe and understand the installation process. Did

you get them? I have not heard from you. When we started this

process, two weeks ago, I needed help connecting five hoses to the

air intake throttle body. Now, after 4 changed of oil and filters because

of water in the oil, the five hoses are still not connected, and no response

from your company. If we are still working together, tell me. If not, tell me

what I have to do to move on...........My Jaguar is still down!.

to the

to the throttle bodyhelp to connectdirections I am concerned

Expert:  Richard replied 6 years ago.

I think we may have another problem. All these ports should have coolant flow except for the large port. There should be no way the coolant should mix with the engine oil from these hoses.

Expert:  Richard replied 6 years ago.
There should only be four coolant ports, two on the intake and two on the throttle. The rear port on the intake that points downward goes to a small hose molded to the upper radiator hose. The other port on the intake pointing towards the front goes to the front port on the throttle. The rear port on the throttle goes to a small hose which comes off the hose from the heater valve to the plastic part of the upper hose.