Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

X type: key fob it locks no problem..key checked ignition switch flap…

Customer Question
X type jaguar will not...
X type jaguar will not unlock with key fob it locks no problem but will not unlock. Changed batterys, reprogammed key checked ignition switch flap any answers
Submitted: 11 years ago.Category: Jaguar
5/15/2011
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 11 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician

Hello and welcome to justanswer.com

So you can lock the vehicle with the fob but it will not unlock, open the boot, or turn on the lights? Will the doors unlock with the key or using the lock knob on the inner door handle?

I can unlock the car with the key no problem using the drivers door lock I have not tried to ulock the car using the passengers door
Unlock the vehicle with the key in the door lock cylinder then try to lock it with the fob.

i did as you said unlocked the car with the key and it locks again with the fob no problem but will still not unlock with the fob

Based on this I suspect a failure with the remote fob circuit board so you will need to have the fob replaced and reprogrammed.