Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

S type: 04 Jag..accelerating and then pulls back to a growl…

Customer Question
Hey, I have an '04...
Hey, I have an '04 Jag S type. For the past week the transmission? sounds like a blender when accelerating and then pulls back to a growl as you decelerate. Also noticed that the plate at the base of the stick shift is warm to the touch.
No warning lights have displayed. None of this seems to have affected the performance of the vehicle... yet.
Any ideas?
Thanks.
Submitted: 11 years ago.Category: Jaguar
4/10/2011
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 11 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician

Hello and welcome to justanswer.com

Can you describe this noise in more detail and when do you usually hear it? Is this a V6 or V8 engine?

Thanks Richard,
I hear it all the time now while driving. It started just after a 21/2 hour road trip a week ago and has been there ever since. I'll describe it this way: that sorta' classic sound that you hear from the transmission when you are backing down the street in reverse, like a howling from the driveline. But I'm moving forward. It's like something being wound up and then slowing down.The noise increases in rate, like a wheel spinning faster when accelerating and then decreases/slows when deccelerating. This is a V6 engine.
Does that help?
Relist: Other
I was told that an answer was ready but needed more info from me, which I sent. Haven't heard since.

Sorry for the delay.

Does the noise change when turning or making quick steering maneuvers?