Jaguar

Jaguar Repair Problems? Ask a Jaguar Repairs Expert.

Jaguar

Jaguar X-Type Sport 2002 x-type how to replace headlight

Customer Question
2002 x-type how to replace...
2002 x-type how to replace headlight?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Jaguar
4/4/2011
Jaguar Mechanic: Jerry, Master Mechanic replied 6 years ago
Jerry, Master Mechanic

*

*

*

PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST PRESS ACCEPT TO COMPLETE YOUR TRANSACTION AND CREDIT YOUR EXPERT

*

*

*

Hello and welcome to Just answer.com, Super mechanic here. About your vehicle.

I have the instructions in a PDF format that you can download HERE then you just click where it says “Click here to start download” Thanks

WOW! great answer!

I wasn't clear with my question, I want to know how to replace the bulb, not the headlight.

Oh...I see. Do you have the high intensity headlights or just regular halogen bulbs?
HID
Yes, the headlight assembly does come out to replace those. Here are the instructions for them.

High Intensity Discharge Headlamps

Vehicles With: High Intensity Discharge Headlamps 86.42.14

Headlamp Bulb

Removal

1. Remove the headlamp assembly.

graphic

1. Remove the bulb cover. Detach the bulb cover retaining clips.
Remove the bulb cover.

graphic

1. Remove the igniter assembly. Detach the igniter assembly.
Remove the igniter assembly.

NOTE: The igniter assembly electrical connector will automatically release as the igniter assembly is rotated.

graphic

Remove the headlamp bulb retaining ring.

graphic

1. Remove the headlamp bulb.

Installation

1. To install, reverse the removal procedure.

Jerry, Master Mechanic
Jerry, Master Mechanic