Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

2003 jaguar s type: few minutes..door opened..window..gear shift…

Hi....I have a 2003 jaguar...
Hi....I have a 2003 jaguar s type....I have had other questions answered by Richard...if there is a way of getting this question to him, I would appreciate it.

When I turn the ignition off...the car beeps for a few minutes as if I left a door opened.
the auto window control seems hot as does the gear shift. I suspect electrical system problems. When you couple this with last months issues( see previous questions)...is it trade in time? I don't want monthly repair bills.....I need an experienced,educated guess
...please...K
3/28/2011
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 11 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician

Hello and welcome back to justanswer.com

When this problem occurs do you see a message about the electronic parking brake? Also is the P lite up on the shifter?

No ...no warnings but every issue that I have had with this car since 2003 centers around something electrical....I must be driving you crazy but It is just not driving well

and this beeping when I turn the ignition off. It stops after a few seconds but it worries me....our part of Florida is a wee bit remote and I would hate to be stranded....a good ,

working car is important.....K

Richard....when in park the "P" does flash...K
Ok the P will flash until you depress the brake then it should stay solid. I think the problem may be with the not in park switch on the shifter. When in park try moving the shifter out of park to see if it makes the same noise. The 2003 S Type is overall a solid vehicle but does have some electrical issues.
Richard, Jaguar Technician