Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

A transmission OBD-II code P0715 - Turbine Speed Sensor..part number

I have a transmission OBD-II code P0715 - Turbine Speed Sensor. Where is that located? What is the part number and where i have to buy it from. Also how hard is to be replaced. The car is driving normaly and shifting OK. Only a message pops up on the display: "Transmission Fault" Thank you
Hello and welcome back to justanswer.com

Have you notice the fault warning after the vehicle is wet?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No, it comes up after the vehicle gets warm.
Unfortunately these speed sensors are not serviceable from Jag. I can tell you that it is usually an electrical problem and not the sensor. First look for any damage on the transmission wire harness. Sometimes the battery will leak acid and it will damage the transmission wiring. The other problem I see is water leaking into the TCM. TCM is located behind the driver side of the dash in the upper corner. Look under the dash and you should first see the auto wiper module if equipped. Remove the 10mm nut on that module and pull it down and out. Next you will see the TCM which is held in by two 10mm nuts. Remove the nuts then once the module is off the studs you can disconnect it. See if you see signs of corrosion in the connector or module.