Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

Jaguar XF Premium Luxury how to change rear brake pads on

how to change rear brake pads on jaguar xf 2010

Hello and welcome to justanswer.com

The brake pad replacement is not much different then most other vehicle however there are a few things different you will need to do. First there is a special tool needed to turn in the brake caliper pistons clockwise to retract them. Also you should replace the brake pad wear sensor and you will need to reset the electronic parking brake motor. First to remove the pads pull off the caliper pin covers and remove the 7mm hex/allen pins. Remove the anti rattle spring from the front of the caliper and remove the caliper. Remove and renew the pads replacing the wear sensor. Also if you are replacing the rotor which is recommended you will need to remove the anchor bracket held on by 15mm bolts. Before installing the pads make sure the anchor bracket is cleaned and lubricated with a high temp brake lube. Also make sure the brake pad that has the spring on the top of it is the inboard or rear pad. After you complete the job pump the brake pedal. To reset the parking brake start the engine and pump the brakes. Then hold your foot on the brake and pull up on the parking brake switch.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
and where do i get the special tool to turn the calipers and retract them, or what is the name of it
Your local parts store should have a universal rear caliper kit with different adapters.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Previous tech asked me to check for lose battery cables or nocetions, since I hear a wistling sound coming out of radio speakers.. I did what tech asked. No positive results car still the same, and at times when I am on stop and car is no accelerated it trembles trying to shut off, so I keep my foot on pedal.
I asked a mechanic around my negborhood and said it could be alternator. And I remember that I had exactly the same case 4 months ago in my Nissan pathfinder that I had to replace alternator.
I was asking for your adivse of what else it could be, and if you have some pdf pages from repair manual as of how to replace alternator.. For this car Mercedes ml500 2005
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.