Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

2004 JAGUAR XJR: VEHICLE ACTS AS IF IT IS IN NEUTRAL..LEVER..ENGAGE…

2004 JAGUAR XJR WHEN THE...
2004 JAGUAR XJR WHEN THE SHIFT INDICATOR IS PUT INTO DRIVE THE VEHICLE ACTS AS IF IT IS IN NEUTRAL. IT WILL NOT GO FORWARD. PRIOR TO THIS HAPPENING IT WOULD DO IT BUT IF I MOVED THE LEVER IT WOULD ENGAGE AND WORK FINE. THE TRANSMISSION SHIFTED FINE BEFORE NO SLIPPAGE. IT WORKS OK IN REVERSE.
1/6/2011
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 11 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician

Hello and welcome to justanswer.com

There is a simple solution to this problem. You have loose shift cable bolts. If you look under the driver side of your vehicle you will see the shifter cable where is attach's to the transmission. There are two 8mm bolts holding the cable to the trans. They may be loose or have even fell out. You will need to jack up the driver side of your vehicle.

Richard, Jaguar Technician