Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

1998 Jaguar XK8: The car will not start in park..nuetral…

Customer Question
I am working on a...
I am working on a 1998 Jaguar XK8. The car will not start in park. It will start in nuetral. I suspect a safety nuetral switch but do not know how to adjust. Can you send me that information and or a diaghram of the procedure. Thanks Mike
Submitted: 11 years ago.Category: Jaguar
12/22/2010
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 11 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician

Hello and welcome back to justanswer.com

Yes usually this is a faulty with the transmission rotory switch located on the trans. The switch will supply the ECM with battery voltage when in park or neutral. You will see that there is not much adjustment on this switch so we also need to make sure that the shifter cable is not binding not allowing it to fully engage park. Click on the link.

Switch