Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

1996 JAGUAR: CAR WONT..NO TURN SIGNALS, NO FUEL PUMP..interior..FUSES…

Customer Question
THE BATTERY WENT BAD IN...
THE BATTERY WENT BAD IN MY 1996 JAGUAR SO I REPLACED IT.WHILE ATTACHING THE POSITIVE BATTERY CABLE THERE WAS A SLIGHT ARC NOW THE CAR WON'T CRANK. THE STARTER WON'T ENGAGE,THE GEAR SHIFT LEVER WON'T COME OUT OF PARK, NO WINDSHIELD WIPERS, NO TURN SIGNALS, NO FUEL PUMP,NO INTERIOR LIGHTS. I CHECKED ALL THE FUSES,THEY WERE OK. I WAS WONDERING WHAT TO CHECK NEXT? THANKS.
Submitted: 12 years ago.Category: Jaguar
11/15/2010
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 12 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician

Richard :

Hello and welcome to justanswer.com

Richard :

All those functions are controlled by the Body Processor Module. Hopefully this module was not damaged.

Richard :

First we should check the inertia switch and some fuses.

Richard :

Make sure the inertia switch did not trip. This switch is located in the passenger A post kick panel. Just depress the top of it to reset it. Next check fuse #5 (10 amp) in the trunk.

Customer:

I will check these items, and if this does not fix the problem, i will check back with you.

Let me know how you made out.