Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

2006 s-type: park..wont light up,car will start but wont move due…

Customer Question
bought a 2006 s-type jaguar,was...
bought a 2006 s-type jaguar,was driving good,then gears wont shift from park mode and navigation panel wont light up,car will start but wont move due to gears wont shift.
Submitted: 12 years ago.Category: Jaguar
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/20/2010
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 12 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician
Chat Conversation Started
Richard :

Hello and welcome to justanswer.com

Richard :

Look at the shifter and tell me if the P is lite up. If it's not what gear is lite up? Are your brake lights working?

Customer :

no lights workng

Customer :

do you think it could be the battery

Customer :

hello??

Richard :

Sorry for the delay. I need to know if the brake lights are working.

Customer : No lights wotk
Richard :

Ok if no lights are working then we need to start by checking some fuses. I would recommend checking the fuses with a voltmeter. See if you have battery voltage on both sides of the fuse checking them on the exposed wire at the top of the fuse. By checkign them with a meter we also test the switched system relays as well.

Richard :

There is a fuse box under the hood, trunk and in the passenger side kick panel.

Richard :

Pay close attension to fuse #20 (10 amp) and #35 (5 amp) in that passenger side fuse box but I would recommend checking them all.

Customer : No help I am donr
Richard :

Have you checked the fuses? Are you willing to do more testing?