Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

Vanden Plas: The child safety locks and frozen and..unlock..four door…

Customer Question
The child safety locks and...
The child safety locks and frozen and will not unlock with the use of the ignition as provided for in the owners hand book. The car is 2005 Jaugar four door Vanden Plas
Submitted: 12 years ago.Category: Jaguar
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/5/2010
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 12 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician

Hello and welcome to justanswer.com

Which door is not unlocking? Will it unlock if you move the lever on the handle?

Both rear doors are not unlocking and are open and will not shut. The level on the door handle will not move
The rear door locks are both stuck, although the doors are open. I cannot manipulate anything to open the locks. I can't travel any further with the doors open. Does this clarify any?

I have tried all your have suggested and your suggestions have not worked. I never received a reply to my first reply to you. What gives?

I am still trying to open the doors...please help
Still no help...I've tried the key, the child lock key, the screen, the inside and outside handles....it still has the rear door mechanisms locked, with the doors still open..any ideas?
I am sorry for the delay as I was having a problem loading your question. So the doors are opened but locked and you cannot move the inside lever? If the child lock is not activated then this is usually a problem with the door latch itself. Here's what I recommend. Try unlocking the doors at the same time have an assistant pull on the lever next to the handle which may release it.