Jaguar

Jaguar Repair Problems? Ask a Jaguar Repairs Expert.

Jaguar

What module/part do I need to have blue tooth capability on

Customer Question
my 2005 Jaguar XJ8L? I...
What module/part do I need to have blue tooth capability on my 2005 Jaguar XJ8L? I do not need Ipod or other jack-just blue tooth capability for my phone so that it can be used with the existing system.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Jaguar
7/8/2010
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 7 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician

Hello and welcome to justanswer.com

Your vehicle is prewired for a blue tooth phone system but there is not one installed. You will need the blue tooth control module, interface module, micro phone, fiber optic link and voice module jumper. After the install the system needs to be added as an accessory with a Jaguar factory scan tool.

Im sorry but that does not answer my question. I would like to use a blackberry or HTC EVO cell phone via bluetooth in the car and through the existing system (via the telephone buttons on the steering wheel and dash). Jaguarparts.com has a bluetooth connectivity module for $205.23 which a local guy say will work. The Jag dealer is telling me over $1,000.00
Yes you need that bluetooth connectivity module as well as the PSE module on that site. You also will need to replace the fiber optic harness so the total cost will be more than $1000.00 parts and labor.

I was told that by purchasing the bluetooth connectivity module only, would allow my bluetooth phone to work without the new fiber optic harness and that I would only need the PSE module if I wanted an ipod jack. Are you saying that this will not work?

If there is no PSE module in your vehicle then you will need the PSE and blue tooth connectivity. You need both in order for the blue tooth to work. When installing the PSE module a new fiber optic is needed. If you want an IPOD then all you need is the IPOD connectivity kit which comes with everything you need.
ok last question. how do I know if I have a PSE module in the vehicle?
If you press the phone button and it says phone not fitted you do not have a PSE module.
When I press the phone button is says "no phone"
ok do this test. Press the EJECT and MIX buttons at the same time. It will display MAIN and some numbers. Keep hitting both buttons and see if phone is displayed before it goes back to main.
Richard, Jaguar Technician
I called Jaguar and gave them the VIN. They said the car is not set up for phone but it is wired for voice-but it needs to be programmed at the dealer. I appreciate all of your answers and will accept answer so you get paid. Can I program the voice command or what should the dealer charge to do it?
The dealer will need to do the programming with the Jag factory scan tool. If only programming needs to be done they we charge a one hour labor fee. For the rest of the install we charge 2.0 hours.
Richard, Jaguar Technician