Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

2005 XKR: convertible..rained on with the top down..Stereo…

Customer Question
I have a convertible 2005...
I have a convertible 2005 XKR. Yesterday it got rained on with the top down. The Stereo and GPS screen will not turn on now. Never had any problems before. Is there a fuse box or anything that I can do to diagnose why these will not turn on?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Jaguar
6/14/2010
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 8 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician

Hello and welcome to justanswer.com

You may have a blown fuse which is the first thing you should check. You need to check fuse #13 and #16 both 5 amp in the trunk fuse box and fuse #16 (5 amp) in the passenger side dash fuse box.

I do not accept the reply. I had already tried that. That information is supplied in the owners manual. I was seeking information beyond what is in the owners manual. Thanks.
Ok if the fuses are good then we will need to check for power behind both units. You can also disconnect the negative battery terminal cable for 10 minutes which may reset both.