Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

Oxygen sensors..the light comes in again

Customer Question
I changed 2 oxygen sensors...
I changed 2 oxygen sensors because of check engien light. but after changed it. the light comes in again...
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Jaguar
6/10/2010
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 8 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician

Hello and welcome to justanswer.com

Do you know the four digit code numbers? Were they P0171 and/or P0174?

I don't know what the exact code was. Here is total story of my car.

I had a ABS light and Check engine light comes on almost at the same time and it was almost 6 months ago. 2 wees ago, I went a local shop to fix and get an inspection for my car. They said I have to replace 2 rear oxygen sensors and they replaced those two sensors for check engine light.

And they said I don't have to worry about ABS light because I can pass inspection without fixing the ABS light.

After I changed oxygen sensors they reset the DTS codes and I drove almost 100miles.

But nothing was ready and when I start engine again after 30 seconds, check engine light came again.

Last Tursday while I was driving Engine temperatuer went high and I went to the shop.

Water pump, thermostat and hose and the tank for coolant was broken so, they fixed it.

When they scan it doesn't show any P codes at all but, only P1000 is on their scaner.

That means drive cycle is not completed. wright?

also on their scaner C1175 was on. and they sugested me to change LH rear wheel speed sensor for C1175.

I don't know what I have to do more. I need to pass the inspection untill end of this month. Please help me out!!!

Ok first let me say that I have been running into problems resetting those monitors to a ready status on some X Types and it has been a problem with the ECM. This is very costly so we need to make sure that there is no other issues. The P1000 means that the system did not complete a drive cycle but you can still pass inspection if one non continuous monitor is NOT READY. First I need to know what monitors are set to NOT READY and also what state you are in. This should be on your inspection report. Also I need to know if any other fault codes return. As far as that C1175 I see issues with the ABS reluctor ring on the axle. The rings tend to rust or crack. This causes the sensor not to read that correctly and it will store this code. To check this you need to remove the T40 torx bolt holding the sensor to the hub carrier then look inside the hole to see if there is damage to the ring. You may need to remove the 10mm nut and balancer weight on the bottom caliper stud to see this.

Two questions. and I live in NJ.

First, is it possible to check engine light comes on again because of ABS light?

Second, today I got a scan from the shop and only Oxigen sensor heater and misfire moitor cycle was ready. but still check engine light comes in. if my car compeleted all the drive cycles, is it possible to check engine light goes off?

Yes the ABS fault can cause the engine light to come on. If that code C1175 is stored in the ECM the engine light will be on. The ECM will not complete the drive cycle if the engine light is on or if any fault codes are stored. The codes need to be read, repaired then cleared. After this the ECM will attempt to set all the monitors to a ready status. Seems like you are not getting good service. I recommend you contact Madison Jaguar and ask for Ken. Once you get in touch with Ken ask to speak with the shop foreman about this.