Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

How do I remove the door panel.jaguar s type 2002

Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 7 years ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer.com

Remove the inner handle trim, the black cover inside the pull handle and the two Phillips screws inside that pull handle. Then with a panel tool pop out the panel. If it has never been removed those clips will take some force to disengage them but use a panel tool so you do not damage the door panel.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

How do I Remove the inner handle trim, the black cover inside the pull handle ?

What type of panel tool do I need?
Expert:  Richard replied 7 years ago.

Use a panel tool to pop off that inner handle trim. I use a plastic tool and a shop rag so you do not damage the panel. The I use a pick to pull off that black cover inside the pull handle and use that same plastic panel tool to pop off the panel off the door.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Do I need a panel tool or a flat screwdriver will do the job?
Expert:  Richard replied 7 years ago.

I recommend a panel tool as the screwdriver can damage the panel. Most panel tools are curved so they will not damage the door panel material.