Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

2002 Jaguar S-type: about 20 seconds..keep going..transmission fluid…

Customer Question
I have a 2002 Jaguar...
I have a 2002 Jaguar S-type. Nine months ago, the transmission seemed to be get stuck in gear for about 20 seconds and then shift into gear and keep going. I had the transmission fluid changed and that corrected the problem. Now, nine months later, it has been doing the same thing for a month now. The technician inspected it and said it was full of transmission fluid and did not need changing again and he knew nothing else to do but replace the transmission. What could be the problem?
Submitted: 12 years ago.Category: Jaguar
4/19/2010
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 12 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician

Hello and welcome to justanswer.com

Is the transmission fault light or check engine light on? How many miles on your vehicle? Do you have this problem when first engaging drive or do you have the problem while driving?