Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

Hi Richard Finally, a diode in the trunk was MISSING this…

Customer Question
Hi Richard Finally, a diode in...
Hi Richard

Finally, a diode in the trunk was MISSING this commands the fuel pump

I will get the car back on Monday and it will cost me 600 €

By the way the technical Manager of the dealer "sold" me an oil draining + filter + setting of the changes of GEAR SHIFTING for 1 000 €

Well I am very surprised and upset by those prices!!!!
Submitted: 12 years ago.Category: Jaguar
3/13/2010
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 12 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician

Hello Doc and welcome back to justanswer.com

I do not understand what they mean by gear shifting. Did they explain this to you before doing the repair?

They just say : You are going to destroy your gearbox.
You NEED to have this work done anyway at 96 000 kms and your car is 93 000kms...
I get the car back yesterday. Final bill is 798 € !!!
They said they have to check the gearbox with a computer ON THE ROAD, with 2 people in the car.
You may have had stored codes in the TCM (transmission control module) or some poor shifting. If this is the case the TCM software will need to be reprogrammed and the clutches adaptations reset. To do this there is a drive cycle road test that needs to be completed and this is a two person job. The bill seems high to me unless something else was done like a fluid replacement.

Hi Richard,

There was Oil draining and refilling with 5 liters in TORQUE CONVERTER and 1liter in the gear box.
1 liter of oil is 30 €

There was also the change of a sort of filter ( Strainer ?? ) for 160 €
PS : I ever heard that ALL the oil in an automatic gearbox can't be drained. Is that the same in the ZF one ?

There is a drain plug on the pan that drains about 6 liters of fluid but there is another 5 liters that cannot be drained out. The filter is part of the pan which would need to be replaced to replace that filter. If they did infact replace the pan they most likely replaced some if not all of the 22 pan bolts that usually corrode.