Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

2004 Jaguar S type: the valve body and the PCM, I..wiring..trans…

Customer Question
I am currently working on...
I am currently working on a 2004 Jaguar S type. It currently does not shift and is in "limp mode" It appears to have a communication problem between the valve body and the PCM, I checked all the grounds and wiring assoiciated with the trans and eventually replaced the valve body. I then had the PCM reprogrammed at the dealer. The problem still exhists and the local dealer has spent may hours on it, just to tell me there still is a problem with no path to resolution in mind. any direction would be appreciated.
Submitted: 12 years ago.Category: Jaguar
3/4/2010
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 12 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician

Hello and welcome to justanswer.com

Does the gear box fault warning and check engine light also come on along with the restricted performance/limp mode? Do you have the four digit code numbers? Can I have th last six digits of your VIN?