Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

2003 jaguar x type: very loud sound for about 10 mins

Customer Question
I have 2003 jaguar x...
I have 2003 jaguar x type.
This morning, when I tried to start the car, the engine did not started so I pressed the horn to check whether the battery was out and suddenly the horn started make very loud sound for about 10 mins. The horn's got off by itself. After that the car/engine started to make tick-tick sound and the sound got faster. When I try to start the car, I can hear the tick-tick sound.
Now nothing works incluing car key, light or horn.

Is this related to battery?
Submitted: 12 years ago.Category: Jaguar
12/7/2009
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 12 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician

Hello and welcome to justanswer.com

Sounds like you have a flat battery. You should also look at the negative cable off the battery. The battery will crack and corrode the cable. If this is the case the battery should be replaced and the cable cleaned or if it cannot be cleaned it should be replaced.

Richard, Jaguar Technician