Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

Hello, I have a 2003 Jaguar S type R and have the following…

Customer Question
Hello, I have a 2003...
I have a 2003 Jaguar S type R and have the following problems:
- 1. The LH low beam headlamp beam has dropped down. When the headlights are switched on both sides go through the routine of swing up and then going down then coming down a bit. But the LH ends up down much further than the RH headlamp. What causes this and can it be repaired rather than buying a complete new headlamp?
- 2. When driving slowly in traffic on occasion, as the automatic gearbox changes up, it seems to be from 3rd to 4th, it gives a hard jolt and it sometimes then displays "Gearbox Fault" on the computer display. What is causing this problem and what can be done. I tried to check the gearbox oil oil level, but could not find where and nor is there anything showing you how to in the manual. The agent agent tells me that the gearbox needs to come out and be sent to the manufacturer, this will take 2 weeks??
Regards
Cosmas Mullinos - email "[email protected]"
Submitted: 12 years ago.Category: Jaguar
12/1/2009
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 12 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician

Hello and welcoem to justanswer.com

First lets start with the headlamp. This is usually caused by a broken adjuster. To check this open the bonnet and remove the uooper radiator support cover. Then try to move the high beam (main beam) bulb socket and look inside the lamp. If you can see the assembly moving inside the housing then the light will need to be replaced. I have seen fixes for this by wire tieing the bulb connctor back onto the adjuster or inserting a screw to hold it in place. As far as the gearbox problem since the fault light is on we will need to see what the fault codes are that the TCM has stored. You will need to visit a Jag specialist garage to do this. I see alot of problems with the control module programming cause the fault warning as well as the poor shifting. There is no fluid dipstick as the level is checked by removing the fill plug on the side of the transmission case.

Richard, Jaguar Technician