Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

2003 X-Type: seat bracket..wildly..electric adjusters for the seat…

Customer Question
I have a 2003 X-Type...
I have a 2003 X-Type. The seat bracket has apparently broken such that the seat tils wildly back and forth whenever I brake. The electric adjusters for the seat still function, but the seat moves freely to the touch. The dealer says the replacement bracket costs $2100.00. Are there less expensive aftermarket brackets that are available? Is this something better purchased from a salvage yard? Would it be more prectical to weld it such that it stays in one place?
Submitted: 13 years ago.Category: Jaguar
11/10/2009
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 13 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician

Hello and welcome to justanswer.com

Your problem is caused by a loose seat track assembly. There is a stablization kit that can be installed for this. The kit costs about $100.00 plus about 1 hour labor.

Where can I purchase the stabilizer kit and why didn't the Jaguar dealer inform me of this instead of trying to sell me a $2100.00 part?

You can get this part at the dealer. The part number is XXXXX Jag stopped making th kit for a while but it is now available and is a good alternative then replacing the track assembly.