Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

2005 Jaguar S type: my transmission is slipping..new trans…

Customer Question
I have a 2005 Jaguar...
I have a 2005 Jaguar S type and my transmission is slipping. I went to one jaguar specialist and they told me i needed a new trans. So i went to another specialist and they told me that it was a cylanoid inside my trans. Is this common and do I need a new trans or just change the cylanoid.
Submitted: 13 years ago.Category: Jaguar
9/27/2009
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 13 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician

Hello and welcome to justanswer.com

Is the gearbox fault light on? If so was a diagnostic done to see what the fault codes are? Can you describe how the transmission is shifting?

I just got a trans fault light come on. It is going slow from the start and then it jerks when it goes into another gear
Ok before replacing the transmission we wil need to see what the fault codes are. Alot of times a software reprogram and reset is the fix for many shifting concerns.