Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

1997 Jaguar XK8: circuit..aux..the crankshaft sensor..vehicle started…

My 1997 Jaguar XK8 will...
My 1997 Jaguar XK8 will not start. Ran the codes on it and got the following P0335 Crankshaft sensor A circuit and P1643 aux input and outputs. Where is the crankshaft sensor A located? Can you give me any idea on what I need to do to get my vehicle started?
9/6/2009
Jaguar Mechanic: Jagmaster, Jaguar Technician replied 13 years ago
Jagmaster
Jagmaster, Jaguar Technician
Sounds like your on the right track replacing the crank sensor. The sensor is located under the car right near the edge of the back of the engine where transmission bolts up to. It will have a single Allen head screw holding it in and it's sort of oval in shape. Just unbolt it and install the new one. It should then start.
Jagmaster
Jagmaster, Jaguar Technician