Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

1994 Jaguar: Dear Jaguar mechanics I..stop running..drove..start back…

Customer Question
Dear Jaguar mechanics I...
Dear Jaguar mechanics
I have a 1994 Jaguar the car just stop running. I drove the car up from freehold NJ to Irvington NJ which is about a 45mins drive.   Shut car off to get gas and car would not start back up. When turning the key it sounds like it wants to start up but it won't turn over. Tried to jump the car thinking it was the battery but that did not work either, Had to have the car towed to my home. Do you have an idea what could be causing this problem and if so, what woulnd be the price range to possibly getting this car on the road?

Thanks
Roz
Submitted: 13 years ago.Category: Jaguar
8/18/2009
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 13 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician

Hello and welcome to justanswer.com

Sounds like you may have a problem with the crank sensor which is fairly common on the XJ6. This will cause a no spark condition. It may also be a fuel pump. You will need to see if there is pressure at the fuel rail.

Richard, Jaguar Technician