Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

my jag..car wash it would jerk shifting and on hwy..few miles..rpm…

Customer Question
im getting a transmission...
im getting a transmission fault light on my jag it was acting up after they changed oil in and did a car wash it would jerk shifting and on hwy it would rev rpms from 2000 to 3000 asked mechanic last night he said might need to reset trans moduele it might correct it with normal driving it got better only fluctated like ten rpms after driving for few miles only rev like 10 to 20 extra rpm on way home today it gave a trans fault light
Submitted: 13 years ago.Category: Jaguar
6/19/2009
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 13 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician

Hello and welcome back to justanswer.com

Since the transmission fault light came on there will be a fault code logged in the TCM. The TCM (transmission control module) has detected an electronic or mechanical fault in the transmission. The code will need to be read with a Jag scan tool. If you do not want to go to the dealer try your local parts store or autozone. They will most likely only be able to retrieve codes from the ECM but a code may be logged that will help us. Once you have the code number let me know what it is.

its to late tonight to get a code read i have a question is the transmission and converter and trans moduele covered under warranty its an 05 with 41,000 miles and if so does jag give a loaner car

You are under the mileage but may be out by time. If you give me the last six digits of your VIN I can tell you first thing tomorrow morning. If you are under warranty the transmission, converter, or module will be covered. At my dealer we do give service loaners but I can;t speak for all dealers. Some only give loaners to customers who purchased from them.

Richard, Jaguar Technician
it says in owners manual 7 years 70000 on trans module and the last 6 vin numbers are n37120
Yes the 7 year 70,000 mile covers the module under an emissions warranty. I will run your VIN first thing in the morning as the DDW site is down for the night.
ok my email screen name [email protected]
We cannpt exchange email through the site as it's against site policy. I willpost back to this question where you can see my answer.
the only code is a p1111 manaf. fuel air metering
That code is just a readiness code. The fault is probably only logged in the TCM so you will need a Jag scan tool. I ran your VIN and you are out of the standard factory warranty by time (Jan 2009 expired). The good news is that there is a service action J004 on your vehicle which will reprogram the ECM and TCM. They can check and clear the codes for you and possibly repair the problem with the reprogram. This service action is done at no charge to you.