Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

How do adjust the camber on a 2002 Jaguar X type

how do adjust the camber on a 2002 Jaguar X type

Hello and welcoem to justanswer.com

There is no camber adjustment on the front of the X Type. We see alot of springs sagging and front strut issues causing excessive negative camber. You can also loosen the four subframe bolts and shift the frame. If both sides are too far negative then moving the frame will not help. You may also have a bent hub which I have seen on a few occasions.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you Richard. Is there an adjustment on the rear? The mechanic said all 4 wheels are off by about -1 degree. Would replacing the springs help with the camber?
No adjustment on the rear either. For the rear there are small trailing arms that the bushings wear out which can cause excessive negative camber. New springs will help the camber in the rear. Honestly I do not see many X Types with good rear camber. The front is another story as it will wear out the tires fast if it's -1.2 or more. I would suspect worn out front springs and shocks in the front.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Richard, I keep losing my connection - did you get my reply??

You replied..

My reply..

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Richard, sorry I lost my connection. Ok so your recomendation is new springs and shocks on the front and rear with possible new bushings on the rear. Do you think I can get away with just replacing the sprngs? I just got laid off and I am trying to be frugal. Do I have to get all the parts from jaguar or does someone else make them? Thanks for all the expert advice. You really are the best. John D.
I always replace the shocks and springs as well as the top plate. The rubber on the top plate wears out causing the vehicle too sit low. There really is no extra labor to replace the shocks if you replace the springs. The shocks list for $130.00 each from Jag for comfort suspension. I only use Jag parts but I do know you can get aftermarket shocks but not springs or top plates.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks again!!
You're the man.
Your welcome. Thanks for the accept and for using justanswer.com.