Jaguar

Jaguar Repair Problems? Ask a Jaguar Repairs Expert.

Jaguar

Leak..overflow tank, but temperature gage remain..overheat

Customer Question
I'm losing coolant , mechanic...
I'm losing coolant , mechanic check there is no leak, coolant seem to go to overflow tank, but temperature gage remain normal( middle, not overheat), what seem to cause this problem
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Jaguar
6/3/2009
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 8 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician

Hello and welcome to justanswer.com

I do see alot of problems with the thermostats on those engines but they usually will cause engine overheat. Just double check the thermostat housing where it bolts to the block as I see leaks there that are hard to see. A pressure tester works good in finding the leaks. If no leaks are found then replace that thermostat. When refilling the system you need to fill the block first by removing the thermostat housing cap on top.

would a sticky thermostat cause the coolant to flow to the overflow tank, that's where my problem is , it's not overheat but the coolant flow to overflow tank, what cause this flow
A sticking thermostat can cause an increase in pressure causing the coolent to overflow from the expansion tank to that overflow tank in the driver front.
Richard, Jaguar Technician
Richard, Jaguar Technician