Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

2002 S-Type: sluggish..The Gear Box fault light came on and I..tranny…

Customer Question
I have a 2002 S-Type...
I have a 2002 S-Type Jaguar that is running very sluggish. The Gear Box fault light came on and I took into a Jag service centre.

They told me nothing wrong and they added 8 litres of jag tranny fluiid at 40.00/ltr
It pauses before going into gear and it screetches sometimes.

The RPM's run very high and it feels like it riding with break on.
Submitted: 13 years ago.Category: Jaguar
Answered in 1 day by:
5/19/2009
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 13 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician

Hello and welcome to justanswer.com

Did they do a diagnosis for the gear box fault light? Was the fliud low 8 liters or did they just do a drain and fill? Did the fault light come back on?

I assume they did not do a diagnostic, just a drain and fill.

The gear box fault is still on

Ok

SInce the gearbox fault light is on it can be a mechanical or electronic problem in the transmission. The fault codes will need to be read to do a proper diagnosis. You will need a compatible scan tool to do this. I recommend that you go to your local parts store or autozone as they will usually scan for these codes ta no charge. Once you have the fault codes let me know what they are so I can assist you with the diagnosis and repair.

Richard, Jaguar Technician