Jaguar

Jaguar Repair Problems? Ask a Jaguar Repairs Expert.

Jaguar

How do I replace the low beam headlights on my 1996 Jaguar XJ6?

Customer Question
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Jaguar
5/18/2009
Jaguar Mechanic: JagDoc, European Shop Owner replied 8 years ago
JagDoc
JagDoc, European Shop Owner
There is a cover on the back of each headlamp that you will see when the hood is tilted forward. There is a 2-pin electrical connector on each headlamp bulb that just pulls off. The bulb then just quarter-twists out of the headlamp housing.

The bulb you'll need is part # XXXXX available at any parts store. Make sure to get a good name brand (Osram, Sylvania, PIAA, etc.)

When reinstalling, be sure not to touch the glass part of the bulb, as the oils on your fingers can cause the bulb to fail prematurely.
JagDoc
JagDoc, European Shop Owner
JagDoc
JagDoc
JagDoc, European Shop Owner