Republic of Ireland Law

Republic of Ireland law questions answered by Experts

Thank you Iv 3 warrants outstanding for my arrest in Ireland…

Customer Question
Hi thank you Iv...

Hi thank you Iv 3 warrants outstanding for my arrest in Ireland from ten years ago if I returned now are these warrants still in place for my arrest

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when was the warrant issued?

It was in the Republic of Ireland and was issued around 11-10 years ago

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes 1 was a drug charge and 2 where for assault I was a nasty person in my younger days totally different person today

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Only on how I stand if I was to return home as in prison time

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/7/2018
Solicitor: Buachaill, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Buachaill
Buachaill, Lawyer

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am your Expert and I will provide the answer you require.

1. A warrant for arrest, such as a Bench warrant is merely and order for your arrest. It does not mean that you are liable to serve prison time. Essentially, you will have to be tried for your drug offence and your assault offence and it will then be determined whether you will serve any time in prison. Be aware that prison is a rarity when it is a first offence. However, you should realise that if there is a warrant out for your arrest, the passage of time will not remove it. The warrant will still remain and should you return to Ireland, you will be arrested, either at the airport when you present your passport or once it becomes known you have returned. Be aware that at airports such as Dublin airport, there is a Garda office attached to passports and immigration so it is likely you will get arrested once you present your passport.

2. Please Rate or Accept the answer as unless you do so your Expert will not receive payment from the website for answering your question.