Republic of Ireland Law

Republic of Ireland law questions answered by Experts

Walls in a newly built house are not straight, architect was…

Customer Question
Walls in a newly built...
Walls in a newly built house are not straight, architect was supervising the builder, is he the one ultimately responsible for the poor workmanship? The house is finished so walls can’t be changed, and the poor workmanship can’t be quantityed , or can it? Ie is it worth bringing a case against both?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Republic of Ireland Law
12/17/2017
Solicitor: Jamie Law, Solicitor replied 7 months ago
Jamie Law
Jamie Law, Solicitor

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Who is it you are paying for the walls? The surveyor or builder?

It was a newly built house and the walls are off square. Builder was paid for the walls and architect was paid to supervise

Ok - then you should bring a case against both.

The surveyor was negligent for not supervising.

The builder was responsible for not building straight!

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

How can you put a monetary value on it though? House can still be lived in?

It would be the cost of repair. That would be all you could claim.

If no damage, then no claim.

Does that clarify?

Solicitor: Jamie Law, Solicitor replied 6 months ago

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the bottom of the screen. Please do not forget as it is an important part of the online process! If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost. Thank you.