Republic of Ireland Law

Republic of Ireland law questions answered by Experts

In seeking a deed of separation does each party, namely the…

Customer Question
In seeking a deed of...
In seeking a deed of separation does each party, namely the applicant and the respondent, pay his/her own costs and can the respondent refuse to engage if the the applicant refuses to pay the respondents solicitor's costs?
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Answered in 1 day by:
10/13/2017
Solicitor: Buachaill, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Buachaill
Buachaill, Lawyer

1. Dear *****, at the outset, it is an almost immutable rule in family law proceedings that each side pay their own costs. So, any idea that a court will order the applicant to pay the respondents legal costs in a Deed of Separation is for the birds. It simply won't happen. So, if the Respondent simply refuses to engage in the deed of Separation and the matter instead goes to a court hearing the Respondent will be ordered to pay both sides legal costs for failing to engage. So, if you are the respondent, you should engage as otherwise, you will simply end up footing the bill.

2. Please Rate or Accept the Answer as unless you do so your Expert will not receive payment from the website for answering your question.