Republic of Ireland Law

Republic of Ireland law questions answered by Experts

My daughter purchased a new cat in June of last year. Within…

Customer Question
My daughter purchased a...

My daughter purchased a new cat in June of last year. Within three months she returned to the garage when an engine warning light came on. Since that time she has returned four more times with the same problem without resolution. is she entitled to a replacement new car at this stage?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

The car is in perfect condition except for the recurring warning light that returns after some weeks. She purchased a new car but has had the problem with it

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes she has a full print out history from the garage

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Republic of Ireland Law
9/29/2017
Solicitor: lucy7368,
 replied 10 months ago
lucy7368

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your daughter's situation.

Lemon laws vary by state. Where does your daughter live? Do you know how many miles are on the car?

My daughter lives in Ireland. Not sure exactly how many miles on the car. Possibly about 30,000klms
Solicitor: lucy7368,
 replied 10 months ago

Thank you. Your question was misrouted to the US legal category. I'm going to get you over to someone who's familiar with Irish law. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Solicitor: Ben Jones, Solicitor replied 10 months ago
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, Solicitor

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

My apologies, I have just realised that you are seeking an expert in Irish law. I will opt out so that another expert can assist you. Thank you

Thank you . I see I made a clerical error in my original submission. I typed cat not car. Just to be clear we are talking about a car problem
Where is the answer to my question from Friday?