Republic of Ireland Law

Republic of Ireland law questions answered by Experts

I am a maths tutor and would like to provide video solutions…

Customer Question
I am a maths tutor...
I am a maths tutor and would like to provide video solutions to maths problems. Would I be infringing copyright if I used a problem, I found in a textbook. I am only talking about presenting the problem and not the solution that the book may provide. I would provide my own talked through solution and may also decide to sell the video lessons. Thanks
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Republic of Ireland Law
9/28/2017
Solicitor: lrizos,
 replied 10 months ago
lrizos

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Solicitor: lrizos,
 replied 10 months ago

Good Morning

If it is being used for educational purposes it should not be a problem and you are not making copies of the textbook and distributing. You are working out the problem and you are showing how to solve it.

It is the process you are videoing and that is your work.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards

Hi Leon, I'm a bit confused. When I posed the question I was matched up with an Irish solicitor. I know Ireland has its own copyright law which may be stricter then international copyright. I think the website has forwarded me on to you for some reason? I'm not sure what to do now. It's the first time I've used this site and it specifically stated on the web page that an Irish solicitor called Ruairi I believe had accepted the question?
Solicitor: lrizos,
 replied 10 months ago

Is your question for Ireland?

I am in Australia and your question appeared in the Australian Law section

I was on a page that listed Irish solicitors and I believe it was this fellow who accepted the question...
https://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-patrickthebarrister/