Republic of Ireland Law

Republic of Ireland law questions answered by Experts

Is it legal for a US based non profit international

Customer Question
organization to temporary base a...
Is it legal for a US based non profit international organization to temporary base a staff member in ireland if the US organization is not registered in Ireland? The staff member would work remotely from Ireland with all work derived from the US and benefiting other countries outside of ireland.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/21/2017
Solicitor: PaulmoJD, Attorney replied 11 months ago
PaulmoJD
PaulmoJD, Attorney

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Actually, the non-profit can hire independent contractors to do work in any location they want, even out of the US. If they are going to hire actual employees, they will need to register in Ireland as doing business there and will have to pay any payroll taxes due in Ireland for the employees.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.