Buachaill
Buachaill, Lawyer
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

I just came across a public road accident involving an army

Customer Question

Hi I just came across a public road accident involving an army truck and trailer. I processed to take some pictures of the incident. The garda on the screen approached me and took my name and address and made me delete the pictures on front of him. He said it was against the law to photograph an accident involving a military vehicle. Is this the case?
Thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 month ago.

1. Dear ***** Wixted, it is not against the law to photograph an accident involving a military vehicle in Ireland. The Garda is wrong on this count. You can make a complaint to the Garda Siochana Ombudsman about his behaviour on this occasion.

Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 month ago.

2. The only occasion on which it would be against the law to photograph an army vehicle would be if there was a national security issue. An accident is not a national security issue.

Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 month ago.

3. Please Rate or Accept the Answer as unless you do so your Expert will not get paid by the website for answering your question.