Republic of Ireland Law

Republic of Ireland law questions answered by Experts

Urgent. The bank have accepted an offer from the borrower to…

Customer Question
Urgent . The bank have accepted...
Urgent .
The bank have accepted an offer from the borrower to pay off a debt in full and final settlement.. One of the conditions in the settlement agreement states the bank will lodge a vacate of the judgement..my concern is .UNDER what grounds will the bank make the application...IS a vacate easily obtained IS a vacate by consent of both paries ARE you aware of any case law. THIS is the only issue holding things up and obviously it is one of the most important. . Can you give me the rules under the civil proceedings of the superior court because I can't find vacate of judgement just setting aside ...but the favourable outcome would be that the judgement no longer exists ..
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Republic of Ireland Law
9/8/2017
Solicitor: Ronan, Solicitor replied 11 months ago
Ronan
Ronan, Solicitor

The vacate is simply a document prepared by the bank lodged with the judgement registry to confirm satisfaction of the judgement. A document will also be lodged with the property registration authority if the judgement was registered on the folio the Property Registration Authority. It is not a matter that goes through the courts