Republic of Ireland Law

Republic of Ireland law questions answered by Experts

I am appealing a judgment from the circuit court to the high…

Customer Question
I am appealing a...

I am appealing a judgment from the circuit court to the high court. The judgement was pronounced on the 26th of July 2017 from and by the circuit court judge yet the oder was issued and dated the day after. According to courts.ie the ten days of appeal starts the date it was pronounced from the 26th of July. Which is correct or are both?

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the charges? What's the current status of the case?

A order 38 from the circuit court stating any monies or entitlements to basic payments relating to my lands from the department of agriculture, food, and the marine shall be disbursed to the other party until 17,500 euros is realised. I have appealed or am appealing it of course to the high court on the basic those monies is a disadvantaged area payment and is meant for the upkeep of the land primarily and my family next to that. I have proven that I am heavily indebted and that the other party cannot jump an existing creditor.My debts vastly outweigh my assets

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes, as stated above from me from the circuit court to the high court

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

How much does this court and are you based in ireland

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Answered in 1 day by:
8/7/2017
Solicitor: Buachaill, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Buachaill
Buachaill, Lawyer

1. The first thing you need to be aware is that the 10 day period does not run during the period known as the "Vacation" when the courts are closed. As the Circuit Court is closed for business during August and September, this 10 day period will not have expired until October. So, you have plenty of time within which to lodge an appeal to the High Court. However, i would suggest you do it sooner than later so that it gets done promptly. Additionally, the 10 day period only runs from the date the Order is perfected. This is the 27th July as this is the date upon which the Order was drafted and signed.

2. Be aware that you can include the grounds you have listed in your appeal, if they are relevant. Please Rate or Accept the Answer as unless you do so your Expert will not receive payment from the website for answering your question.