PhillipsEsq
PhillipsEsq,
16551887

I got a summons for a traffic offence yesterday and thought

Customer Question

I got a summons for a traffic offence yesterday and thought I had never got a penalty points notification and fine about it before but having looked back through my post I had got one but had never opened it. Can I just go to the local Garda station and pay it now ?
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  PhillipsEsq replied 3 months ago.

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Yes. After you make the payment, you need to contact the Court--Clerk's office to make sure that you are still not required to show up for the hearing since you have now paid the ticket. If you are still required to show up, you must do so to avoid penalty for failure to appear.

Goodluck with your case,