Ronan
Ronan, Solicitor
Experience:  B. Corp Law, Ll.B. Dip Comm Prop. In general practice for more then 6 years
33511193

Q: Following on from the last question, I am wondering if

Customer Question

Q: Following on from the last question, I am wondering if it's possible for a family member to buy my family home. So that the people who are suing my husband can not get to put a judgement mortgage on it (and then force the sale...). The bank have a "lien" on the home. Many thanks.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Ronan replied 4 months ago.

I am not sure what you mean by "lien". If your advising that the Bank have a mortgage on the property at present or any other burden, this does not prevent other parties with Judgments against your husband from registering it on the property. It simply means that they will rank after the bank in priority in terms of getting paid if property was to be sold

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok, thanks for that. Apparently, it's called "an equitable lien (charge)"....
So is it possible before the court case comes up for a family member to buy the entire family home and/or buy my husband's half?
Expert:  Ronan replied 4 months ago.

If it is a legitimate purchaser for full market value, yes