How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Lawyer
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 10621
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ten years co.habiting.....what rights have I....he ownes the

Customer Question

Ten years co.habiting.....what rights have I....he ownes the property....
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Republic of lreland. Co..clare.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No...not. anything that I am aware of...he said it was my one would ever disturb me....jus took a tantrum...a decides. I am. In the entitlled to anything...even though I being very supported to him...phyical a financial...ran the kids.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Should I not be entitle to a written notice...or help me find a ace to live.. help pay rent maybe. Until my own house is I have a lease on it....
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 9 months ago.

1. You are entitled to "reasonable notice" from your cohabiting partner before you have to leave the house. This is a minimum of two months notice. However, the law does not automatically give cohabiting partners rights to the other person's property just because they might have been sharing the same house. If you wish to claim a share in their house, you need to go to court under the 2010 Civil Partnership & Rights of Cohabitants Act and seek to claim a share. However, if you have a house of your own, a court is unlikely to grant you a share in your former partner's house. Normally, in making orders under this Act, the court only looks are payments towards the purchase of the house or else direct mortgage payments. Having kept the house, or being supportive does not give any entitlement to a share.

Expert:  Buachaill replied 9 months ago.

2. Please Accept or Rate the answer as unless you do so your Expert will not receive payment from the website for answering your question.