Ronan
Ronan, Solicitor
Experience:  B. Corp Law, Ll.B. Dip Comm Prop. In general practice for more then 6 years
33511193

I got stopped at checkpoint in a work vehicle. It's taxed

Customer Question

I got stopped at checkpoint in a work vehicle. It's taxed and insured but the insurance disc was out of date. I also had no licence with me. Garda asked me to produce insurance cert in 10 days at station. He did acknowledge that it was a fleet car however I'd still have to present. My question is whether even if I do present can I still receive a penalty for not displaying and not carrying licence. He did not mention either to me at the checkpoint.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Ronan replied 11 months ago.

In theory yes you could be charged with both. However in practical terms, if the garda asked you to produce within 10 days, and you do so. That will be the end of the matter

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks Ronan, I have presented all documentation in nominated Garda station. Do they photocopy or just fill in a form on system? Just wondering how long before I would hear anything one way or another or how I might follow up to ensure everything is in order?Regards.
Expert:  Ronan replied 11 months ago.

They'll input the details into the Pulse system. You are unlikely to hear anything thereafter